Friday, December 23, 2022

FRIDAY 'ROUND-THE-HORN: 12/23/22.



Season's greetings.

As we slide (or are pushed by the Big Cold Front!) into the holiday weekend, I wish you all a happy winter festival and congratulations on making it to the good side of the solstice. Don’t think me parsimonious if I only have one free Roy Edroso Breaks It Down for you this Friday – this one about how the GOP House freshman are prepping for January in the majority. After all, if you want more you can always subscribe  – and, for the next few days, you can get a 10% discount on a year of REBID when you click https://edroso.substack.com/xmas2022. That cuts an already absurd $70/year price to $63 – and, I remind you, REBID is a five-day-a-week service, not the when-I-feel-up-to-it garbage the tyros and poetasters dish out.  And it makes a great gift! It’s almost wasteful not to subscribe.

On a lighter note (maybe): I was just remembering how when the Santa slasher Silent Night, Deadly Night came out in 1984, it caused a controversy bordering on scandal, with ads and showings cancelled, a drubbing on Siskel & Ebert, etc. (Mental Floss has a good rundown.) 38 years later, Christmas horror movies are so popular we have Greatest Lists for them. My question for you to answer in comments is: What changed? Wassail! 

No comments:

Post a Comment