Tuesday, March 27, 2007

AN OLDIE BUT NO-GOODIE. Think I'll drop by that New Criterion blog. After all, they got a fancy Latin name... they can't be too much like the mouthbreathers I usually consort with...
Why America Hates New York

[Posted 12:37 PM by James Panero]

'Forty Days in the Dessert'? The 'Immaculate Confection'? The possible New York Post headlines here are endless (and yes, I know the difference between the Immaculate Conception and the Virgin Birth.) But one thing is clear. From Piss Christ to The Sensation Show, America hates New York for cheap art-world stunts, and for good reason. Check out the following notice that just came over the transom...
Piss Christ and Sensation! How did he miss Karen Finley? Must have been edited for space.

He's angry at a Jesus made out of chocolate, by the way. Oh wait, I forgot the best part:
And why have I yet to see a custard Mohammed?
Blasphemous and soft on Islam! I hope Panero storms this exhibition, throwing Holy Water and screaming "The Power of Charles Johnson compels you."

On the bright side, at least America hates New York again. Thank fuck! I was really tired of them pretending not to.

No comments:

Post a Comment