Monday, January 23, 2017

NEW VILLAGE VOICE COLUMN UP...

...about the Inauguration and the Women's March and the unflattering comparison between them that set off the Trumpkins.

Among the outtakes, a RedState writer new to me, Mickey White, on Saturday's event: “Why women in Paris are protesting Donald Trump is beyond me, but when have these people ever made sense?” Also, the place is full of furriners. White further claims that at the DC march, “after a rousing musical performance that concluded in a drum circle, an aging hippie asked the crowd to chant ‘Hello, Charlie’ to him.” I don’t know why White did not, while he was at it, also claim that some hippie punk told a cop, “come on, pig, I know my rights,” as he lit his joint with a burning flag; lack of ambition, perhaps.

Among my favorite bits of wingnut reportage was Kira Davis', also at RedState, covering the inaugural entertainments:
The Trumps looked on dutifully as performers like Toby Keith and Lee Greenwood entertained onlookers.
Party of the year! (I will add that, despite the fun I've had with them, Trump's problems with the celebrity community are among the least of his negatives. For one thing, Meryl Streep et alia are reliably brought up in every bog-standard ThisIsWhyTrumpWon thumbsucker, so they're of at least marginal benefit to him as objects of ressentiment. For another, it's not the areas in which he is a failure that bother me so much as the areas in which he is a great success -- i.e. grifting and wrecking entities he's in charge of.)

UPDATE. The conspiracy goes even deeper than George Soros, says The Daily Caller:
Women’s March Organizer Recently Met Ex-Hamas Operative, Has Family Ties To Terror Group
And the wingnuts are whooping it up ("THIS is what Linda Sarsoul wants for America," arrgh blarrgh). I take it as a good sign -- this is exactly the sort of shit they were writing about Obama as he was cruising to the presidency.

No comments:

Post a Comment