Tuesday, May 15, 2012

THE CONSERVATIVE INTELLECTUAL TRADITION, PART 430,292. I see Perfesser Glenn Reynolds is back on the air. Let's look in:
YOU KNOW WHO HAS MORE PRIVATE-SECTOR BUSINESS EXPERIENCE THAN BARACK OBAMA? Yeah, Mitt Romney, sure. Everybody knows that. But also Rush Limbaugh. And I don’t mean for his radio show — his iced tea business is the real deal. I ordered tea Sunday night, and (with free shipping) got it this morning. That’s the kind of service I normally expect from Amazon and not much of anyone else. I don’t know how much tea he’s selling, but it’s probably a lot, and it’s certainly more product than Obama has ever sold. It’s good tea, too . . .
I forget. What is this guy famous for, again? I thought I had some idea, but it turned out I was thinking of Larry King.

UPDATE. From comments: "Kroger will sell you a gallon of the Turkey Hill iced tea for $2.29, and their house brand for $1.39. (It's on sale this week.) Maybe when you've got a well-padded ass resting in an oversized McMansion in a suburb that's far, far away from commercial development or funny-colored people it's worth the $10/gallon premium to have someone bring your iced tea to your door..." Well, you know, BigHank53: Markets in everything.

Other wiseguys run up the flagpole MotherFucking Iced Tea™, Crunchy Con Flakes, etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment